Monday, September 26, 2011

concord grapes, estate sales and sheets drying in the sun.........

It's Monday morning and it is supposed to be a gorgeous 80 degree day here in upstate NY.....my memories are still so fresh from this weekend and it's gorgeous weather. I live in the Finger Lakes region of NY, about 20 minutes north of Canandaigua Lake. On the other end of the lake is the quaint little town of Naples. The ride down to Naples is gorgeous....through winding roads in the countryside dotted with vines and vines of grapes. The area is known for it's vineyards and now is harvest time....and so this was the weekend of the Naples Grape Festival. You can literally smell the concord grapes as you drive by....
and they are beautiful to look at up close!

All the way home we stopped at the barn and antique sales on the side of the road and I couldn't resist taking a picture of this idyllic scene with the lake in the background.......
an estate sale on the side of the road (that's my friend Kristie!)....
I will be making concord grape pie with streusel topping today with the grapes I got fresh off the vine from a roadside stand....yum!

And so it is Monday morning and back to the routine of a normal week.....the gorgeous fall weekend has to become just a memory....but as I sat in the dentist's chair for a cleaning, the neighbor next door came out and hung her pink sheets out to dry in the bright sun. Something about that brought a nostalgic feeling that will stay with me the rest of the day.

Have a wonderful day!
AnnMarie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".