Monday, September 19, 2011

Autumn is almost here!

I LOVE FALL! The weather this past weekend and today in Upstate New York was absolutely gorgeous.....sunny, high 60's....it was enough to put me in full Fall mode. I am starting to think about all the comfort foods I like to cook, like chili over rice with cheddar cheese and sour cream, and bake, like pumpkin bread with chocolate chips and warm apple crisp with double topping and whipped cream. I have what I think are the best recipes for those two must have baked goods for this time of year. I will be sharing those with you when October comes around and I can't hold off making them anymore!
I am also thinking about fall sweaters and boots and my favorite accessory, jewelry. I love the fall colors and acorns and leaves so I came up with this design for a bracelet, listed in my Etsy shop....

http://www.etsy.com/listing/81294910/charm-bracelet-with-symbols-of-autumn

When I figure out how to post the picture without it taking up the whole blog, I will do that ! I have other fall items in my shop I wanted to show you.....
like this pin which is made of puzzle pieces and vintage buttons. I saw this puzzle design and added the buttons to put my signature on it, then realized that the puzzle piece is the national symbol for Autism Awareness. I have a few girlfriends with autistic children and wanted to support them. I thought this is a great thing to wear on your cold weather jacket or coat to show support. They are popular in my shop and one woman bought four of them because she has an autistic daughter and collects puzzle jewelry for her. I think they are unique in themselves just to wear on your jean jacket.


http://www.etsy.com/listing/77013446/puzzle-pin-with-colors-of-fall-and

I also have frames with a fall theme. This is how the whole passion for buttons started and so I still try to make seasonal frames with buttons....

http://www.etsy.com/listing/79228799/picture-frame-embellished-for-fall-with


Hope you like!
AnnMarie

1 comment :

  1. You did it! Welcome to the land of blog! I will become a follower & add you to my sidebar, Sweet Friend~ looking forward to each of your posts, too.
    Wishing you all the best!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".